Monday, October 20, 2008

About Video Podcast K-5

I watched "Total Solar Eclipse" and "What Is a Planet?" by NOVA. I enjoyed both of them. I finally found out why Pluto isn't considered a planet anymore. One of the reasons is because it hasn't cleared Neptune from it's path. It also leads others to ask if Neptune hasn't cleared Pluto from it's path, so should it still be considered a planet? Anyway Pluto is called a dwarf planet. WOW!

I think these particular sites would definitely be helpful in my classroom. They would help the students better understand the our solar system and how everything operates. I especially like the explanation of the solar eclipse. It was very clear and the visual was great.

I would definitely use these sites or others like them to help explain the workings of the solar system to the students in my class. I also like the way they explained the planets and what makes a planet. The visuals on this site was great as well.

iTunesU/WGBH

1 comment:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Good job Rosilyn. I still think of Pluto as a planet. Hard to unlearn things. Keep up the good work.